Summer time in Lanzarote
5 yogi things to do during your holiday on Lanzarote.
Welcome Summer! August is here. Usually we would travel to Madrid, Holland or somewhere else to disconnect and recharge. This year we decided to stay in Lanzarote and go to another island for a week.
After 4 years living here, I wanted to share with you my top 5 favorite things to do on Lanzarote, from a tourist, local and yogi point of view.
- Enjoy some amazing landscapes: for meditation, yoga in nature or just for a walk. My favorite areas are La Geria (where you can also reward yourself with a wine), and the volcanic surroundings,Timanfaya area or a bit south in Los Hervideros and El Golfo (where you can enjoy amazing sunsets and delicious dinners by the water).
- Stay fresh diving into the beautiful waters of Papagayo Beaches (south), Caletón Blanco area (north), or Famara (west, when it’s not windy). And if you have time visit my favorite escape island, just some kilometers north of Lanzarote, La Graciosa, where I will be hosting a yoga retreat in October (sold out now, but if you are interested in the next one, ask for details;)
- Eat healthy: my favorite vegetarian or vegan options are VFactor (Arrecife) and the best veggie burger in Tabla (Arrecife).
- Manrique has always been in my heart since I first visited the island with my parents 15 years ago. So don’t miss Jameos del Agua or his inspiring house at Fundación César Manrique in Tahiche.
- And of course, do some private yoga at your accommodation in Lanzarote. The perfect way to start or end your day.If you are more a group person, try the yoga sessions at Kalindi Lanzarote. The best yoga shala on the island, in the magical town of Tao. This summer Mondays and Thursdays 9.30h. Just 10€ drop in.
Wishing you all a beautiful summer, wherever you are, and lots of love from this magical island. Namaste